Saturday, September 18, 2010

New to Blogging

When I was little, I watched Cinderella live on television with Lesley Ann Warren as Cinderella.  One of the songs she sang has been in my head for 40-something years now, so I decided to quit fighting it and just go with it.

Cinderella sang:
     In my own little corner
     In my own little chair
     I can be whatever I want to be.

So this is my corner where I am no longer wife, mother, daughter, friend, or relative, and there is no laundry, dishes, sweeping or dusting here.  The problem is that I'm not completely sure what I want to be when I'm in my own little corner of the world.

For now, I am teaching Cricut and scrapbooking classes and I LOVE it!  I don't want to be a school teacher  - way too much responsibility for molding those young minds. I don't want to be the one creating all the projects (I'm not that good at it anyway), so teaching is the perfect fit.  I teach basic classes at the Crafty Hen House in Bedford, and I'm going to The Little Blue House in Keller in October with a spooky Cricut project.  Check the Classes Page for the schedule!
 

2 comments:

  1. You'll just be YOU in your corner of life and the cool thing... it can change to suit YOU! :) Looking forward to following your blog. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shaunery! I love keeping up with you - you have been inspiring me to do more and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete