Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two busy weeks!

I've done a lot in the past two weeks:  watched my middle son graduate as Valedictorian of his class, watched my oldest son play basketball (and win gold) in the Special Olympics Texas State Games in Arlington, celebrated Memorial Day, the next day celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary, spent four days at the Great American Scrapbook Convention sharing Zentangle® with scrapbookers, and taught another basics class as a result of the convention.  I am so tired, but I wouldn't change a thing!

The GASC in Arlington, Texas, last weekend was so much fun!!! Over 50 people took one of our Zentangle classes, either a basics or the Illuminated letters class, and many more were interested in learning about it.  So many people were so appreciative of the opportunity to learn, and I think a couple may even be signing up for certification!

I've got classes scheduled the rest of the month and have my July calendar started. 

I also discovered just how much I love to teach.  It thrills me everytime I see that proverbial light bulb go off over someone's head.  Both the students with natural talent and those like me who have to work at it get a sense of satisfaction as well as all the other benefits.

I'm putting pictures of the class artwork from the Scrapbook Convention - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment